RECIPE – Parmesan Spring Chicken
Full of spring flavours, the Parmesan coating gives a satisfying crunch and the meat stays tender. Here is a nice light, easy to prepare and cook dish. It is low in fat and a Good source of vitamin C.
Prep time = 10 mins
Cooking time = 15 mins
Per serving: 339 kcalories; Fat 11g; Saturated fat 3g.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 egg white
5 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
400g new potatoes, cut into small cubes
140g frozen peas
good handful baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1. Heat grill to medium heat and line the grill pan with foil.
2. Beat the egg white into a small dish with a little salt and pepper.
3. Tip the Parmesan onto a plate.
4. Dip the chicken first in egg white, then the cheese.
5. Place the coated chicken under the grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once until browned and crisp.
6. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, adding the peas for the final three minutes.
7. Drain and toss the vegetables with the spinach leaves, white wine vinegar, oil and seasoning to taste.
8. Divide between four warm plates, then serve with the chicken.