In the Hot Seat
Name: Paul McClurg
Role: OC Support Wing
Age: 34 (45 really)
Marital Status: In between
1. What part of your job gives you the most satisfaction? Working with excellent, committed, and enthused people on a daily basis.
2. And the least? On occasion, having to be the bearer of bad news that affects people’s livelihoods and families.
3. What is the best advice you have ever received? Be careful who you upset/annoy, as you never know when you might be working for them in the future.
4. Describe yourself in six words? Committed, loyal, stroppy, passionate, loud and friendly.
5. What career would you have followed if you had not pursued your current profession? An aircraft engineer.
6. Is there one piece of criticism that sticks in your mind? To get on in the RAF, and be promoted to Sqn Ldr; I should aim to behave more like a Sqn Ldr!
7. How would you change the MOD?
I would ensure that we had a department that actually practised what it preached and enabled those with the expertise to get on and do their job, and provided them with the proper resources to do the job.
8. What would be your first act as the world leader? Reduce taxes, give everyone an extra two weeks off and pay for them to go to Disney World Florida.
9. Name your desert island essentials? Champagne, my IPod, an excellent amplifier and speaks, a good book and lots of Percy Pigs.
10. What food would you choose for your last supper? Chateaubriand steak, with chunky chips, grilled mushrooms and a pepper corn sauce, washed down with a nice bottle of red wine, and to finish sticky toffee pudding with custard.
11. Who do you most admire in the world? Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
12. Name four people you would like as a dinner guest – and why? Winston Churchill, Da Vinci, Tommy Cooper and Yasmin Le Bon.
13. What one piece of music would you like played at your funeral? Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden.
14. How would you like to be remembered? As a good dad, who always tried to do his best.