IN THE HOT SEAT
Role: Station Warrant Officer
Marital Status: Married
1. What part of your job gives you the most satisfaction?
Engaging with the personalities actively involved in the myriad of roles and responsibilities on the Station.
2. And the least?
Still fulfilling the role of the highest paid ‘Traffic Warden’ following 34 years of RAF Police service.
3. What is best advice you have ever received?
There are no stumbling blocks in life – just stepping stones in disguise.
4. Describe yourself in six words?
That’s hard. I guess that I’m…
5. What career would you have followed if you had not pursued your current profession?
Civilian Police Officer.
6. Is there one piece of criticism that sticks in your mind?
Remember there are actually three sides to a story, the first account, second account and the truth.
7. How would you change the MOD?
Greater exploitation and dissemination of information across all ranks and at all levels. Failing that, DRILL FOR ALL!
8. What would be your first act as the world leader?
Ensure Scotland receives full independence.
9. Name your desert island essentials?
Internet connectivity with full subscription to the West Ham web, Xbox 360 (with Kinnect), fishing rod, my children (they will love me for that), millionaire who has influenced the worst financial deal ever (Karen Brady), a small pet that requires minimal upkeep but nevertheless provide an adequate amount of nutrition should the need arise (probably a hamster).
10. What food would you choose for your last supper?
The most awful smelling selection of cheeses ever, whelks, oysters, foie gras, washed down with gallons of Iron Brew.
11. Who do you most admire in the world?
Nelson Mandella – the person who views everyone as equal.
12. Name four people you would like as a dinner guest – and why?
Sir Bobby Moore – Would be interesting to establish who actually stole the ring during the 1970 England v Brazil game. Along with Gordon Ramsey to cook the meal, Alan Carr to provide the entertainment, and Wayne Rooney to wash dishes along with any other degrading menial tasks I can find.
13. What one piece of music would you like played at your funeral?
Time to Say Goodbye – Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli.
14. How would you like to be remembered?
Always the comedian and entertainer.