In the Hot Seat
Name – Leading Airmen Photographer Derek Wade
Role at RAF Cottesmore – Station Photographer
Age – 31
Marital Status – Married
1. What part of your job gives you the most satisfaction?
Variety definitely. No job is ever the same and you often get really good shots when you are not expecting them.
2. And the least?
Funerals, it’s hard trying to capture the day but not be obvious to the family, it really isn’t a time to take photos.
3. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Always expect the worst and take spares for everything!
4. Describe yourself in 6 words.
Flexible, family man, happy, able to prioritise, optimistic and diligent.
5. What career would you have followed if you had not pursued your current profession?
Probably the Police Force.
6. Is there one piece of criticism that sticks in your mind?
My team are always telling me I ask too many questions!
7. How would you change the MOD?
Keep the harriers and the carriers!! Really though regarding married quarters, cheap is not always the best and we are often billed disproportionately…that needs sorting.
8. What would be your first act as World Leader?
Everyone in the world would be educated to the same level so that people could make up their own minds about religion.
9. Name your desert island essentials.
Wife and kids, camera, Play Station 3, widescreen TV, water and food.
10. What food would you choose for your last supper?
Chicken and mushroom pie, mushy peas and gravy with mash and for dessert, profiteroles.
11. Who do you most admire in the world?
Walt Disney….he’s sorted families for life!
12. Name four people you would like as a dinner guest – and why?
Jaime Carrager, Richard Hammond, The Queen, Beyonce.
13. What one piece of music would you like played at your funeral?
REM – That’s Me in the Corner.
14. How would you like to be remembered?
Always being helpful.